Learn how to carve a wooden spoon by attending this small group one day workshop.
Held in Toowoomba, (an easy 1.5 hr drive from Brisbane) the workshop covers:
- Types of wood
- Sourcing wood and things to consider
- How to get the best spoon from wood
- Concepts of spoon design
- Demonstration of axe work
- Different grips, cutting stokes and other aspects while working on your own spoon
- Dealing with issues of green wood carving while working the wood
- Knives and knife maintenance
- Finishing coatings
We take a break for morning tea and afternoon tea (supplied) and lunch (bring your own).
At the end of the day you will have an eating spoon, or a cooking spoon or a serving spoon that is very close to completion for you to take home.
You can purchase knives used on the day at cost price.
Workshops run from 9-4 or 9.30-4.30 if participants are traveling to attend.
Current class sizes are limited to two so as to allow maximum interaction.
Questions? Please feel free to Email me
May 19 (Saturday) .
If you can arrange two people, other dates by arrangement